- Selected and honored Distinguished Faculty members for
the 2003-04 academic year: Mel Amov (History), and Laura
Burger (Exercise Science.
- Presented the 2004 Presidentís Leadership Award to Cathy
Harvey, and the 2004 Innovator of the Year Award to Tom
- Hired 21 full-time replacement classified staff in the
following departments: ACE, Academic Senate, Administrative
Services, Biology, Bookstore, Child Development Center,
Evening Division, Financial Aid, Health Sciences, Health
Services, Humanities, LRC, and Operations.
- Hired 5 full-time, highly qualified replacement faculty
in the following disciplines and programs: Biology, Exercise
Science, Health Sciences, Math, and Physical Sciences.
- Held the 5th Annual College Recognition Ceremony to
acknowledge the achievements of faculty and staff, including
outstanding full- and part-time faculty, tenure, academic
rank, retirees, and others celebrating career milestones and
receiving special awards.
- Received 13 national, regional and state awards for
publications and promotional materials produced by College
and Community Relations, Graphics, Word Processing, and
Printing Departments based on the work of 18 staff members.
- Sponsored the 2nd Annual Health Fair promoting healthy
life styles for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Established an on-line and e-mail process to assist
faculty with course book adoptions thus making it easier for
them to place textbook orders.
- Provided training for staff and students for
tobacco-cessation through counseling and seminars, and
initiated a tobacco-cessation treatment and counseling