- Rated number four in the state for the highest
percentage of transfers to CSU, with an increase in the
overall transfer rate of 4%, and an increase in the transfer
of under-represented students of 25%.
- Requalified twenty-four courses for CAN designation;
approved twenty- nine new courses for IGETC certification;
and received approval for eight new courses for CSU Breadth
- Recruited 84 new UCSD UniversityLink students.
- Utilized OSCAR (Online Services for Curriculum and
Articulation Review) for the submission of 2003-04 UC
Transfer Course Agreement.
- Secured articulation necessary for final approval of
Grossmontís new Japanese and Arabic AA degrees.
- Expanded the articulation web page to include additional
colleges and universities, and to include more comprehensive
information for existing schools.
- Continued to be number the one transfer institution to
SDSU, while responding to their ever-changing transfer
requirements by providing timely updates, services, and
announcements to students.
- Passed the national exam for Orthopedic Technology
students with a 96% pass rate compared to a national pass
rate of 72%.
- Transferred 32 football student athletes (98 percent) of
all sophomores, and three freshmen to DI-DIAA Schools,
including scholarships to University of Nebraska, University
of Nevada Las Vegas, Arizona State University, BYU, Temple
- Recognized a student athlete at the National Football
Foundation & College Hall of Fame Scholar Athlete for the
third year in a row.
- Won four conference championships (Menís Baseball,
Womenís Water Polo, Menís Water Polo), as well as Football
in the State Finals, and the State Championship in Womenís
Tennis for the third year in a row.
- Received four Coach of the Year awards; Brian Harvey
(Menís Water Polo), Dave Jordan (Conference, and State
Football), Larry Larsen (Womenís Water Polo), Scott Strange
(State Menís Tennis).
- Served over 300 CalWORKs students in the areas of
counseling and academic advising, job development, work
study and childcare.
- Won numerous Gold and Silver medals in Culinary Arts
competition at various events.
- Received regional and national awards for Media
Communication student competition from organizations such as
the National Broadcast Education Association, Associated
Press, and San Diego News Writers.
- Graduated the second Middle College HS class of 29 GUHSD
students; who completed 177 units at Grossmont with an
average high school GPA of 3.56, and a college GPA of 2.55.
- Initiated 200 new members into the Grossmont College
Chapter of International Honor Society for Two-Year
Colleges, Phi Theta Kappa.
- Voted the ďBest of San DiegoĒ in San Diego
Union-Tribuneís reader poll
for the second year in a row.
- Graduated 113 nurses from the regular AND Nursing
program; 32 from the weekend/evening nursing program, with
30 expected from the accelerated international nursing
program Ė 175 AND nurses in 2004