President's Values and Expectations
- Value the mission of serving students, student learning
and the community
- Value the dignity and worth of each individual
- Value open communication; an open door philosophy
- Value clear roles and responsibilities
- Value teamwork—cooperation
- Value a positive working relationship based on trust and
mutual goals and objectives
- High expectations regarding accomplishments
- high expectations regarding quality and follow-through
- High expectations for continual quality improvement and
student service orientation
Overall Success Factors
- Clear goals and objectives
- Student orientation
- Quality programs and services
- Strong fiscal management
- Effective decision-making at all levels
- Cooperative teamwork among all stakeholders
- Creativity and innovation
- Help students achieve their full potential.
--improve the teaching/learning process, student
advising, orientation, and peer relationships; develop
innovative methods that respond to different learning
styles; and extensive career planning, placement and
- Serve our community through innovative instruction
and community service.
--improve the quality of programs and services; promote
and recognize good teaching and celebrate learning; and
staff and support learning opportunities and support
- Attract, develop and retain faculty and staff who
exemplify our values.
--through professional staff development, encourage
and personal development; recognize faculty and staff for
achievements; and use a team approach to problem solving.
- Expand our marketing strategies.
--seek alternative ways to attract and keep students;
retention efforts; and develop and market programs that have
placement and promotion futures.
- Improve our facilities and equipment.
--ensure that student laboratories, equipment, and space
Top priority; keep computer facilities updated with current
technologies that support educational and administrative
and ensure that staff have the technical support and
do their jobs.
- Improve Grossmont College’s relationships with
--motivate our constituents to increase support;
celebrate our constituents’ support; and create and maintain
clear image that emphasizes quality of service.
- Prepare for implementation of new Prop R funded
--ensure that human, physical and fiscal resources are
for the new buildings; involve appropriate constituents
in the development of the new facilities.
- Use our resources wisely and justifiably.