Admission: Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Program
To apply for admission to the Speech Language Pathology Assistant Program,
the following steps need to be completed:
- Obtain an application packet from the Health Professions Office.
- Complete application to the Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Program
and return to the Health Professions Office.
- Complete prerequisite courses with a "C" grade or better. (Biology 140 or
Biology 144. Chemistry 115 or one year of high school chemistry is a
prerequisite for Biology 144.)
- Meet with the SLPA faculty for an interview after your materials have been
completed and prerequisites verified.
- Submit a record of your high school coursework and an official transcript
verifying other college credits to the Health Professions Office.
- Complete all admission requirements for Grossmont College, and provide
another copy of your college transcripts to Admissions and Records.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor or SLPA faculty if questions
remain regarding requirements/the admissions process.
- Upon acceptance into the Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Program,
submit results of a satisfactory physical and dental exam and record of
current immunizations and current CPR card.
Note: Any prior convictions or a misdemeanor or felon may influence
eligibility for State registration as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant.
Applicants with prior convictions are urged to meet with the SLPA faculty for
confidential planning and advisement.