Admission: Respiratory Therapy Program
To apply for admission to the Respiratory Therapy Program, the following
steps must be taken:
- Obtain application form in the Counseling Center or Health Professions
Office. Schedule appointment with a counselor or Program Coordinator in the
Health Professions Office, if necessary, to discuss program or general
education requirements. Call (619) 644-7448 for an orientation to the program
which includes information on prerequisites, structure of the program, and
- Complete an application for admission to the Respiratory Therapy Program
and file with the Health Professions Office. Applicants will be accepted on
a first come, first-serve basis with all the prerequisites completed.
- Submit one official high school transcript and two official college
transcripts for all college credit earned. Send the high school transcript and
one official college transcript directly to the Coordinator of Respiratory
Therapy Program, Health Professions Office. Send the other copy to the
Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.
- Complete all admission requirements to Grossmont College.
- Students admitted to the program must submit a satisfactory physical and
dental examination report, record of current immunizations, current CPR card
and evidence of malpractice insurance.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a "C" grade or higher
prior to program admission.
|Biology 144 and 145
||Anatomy and Physiology I & II
||8 units or equivalent
||Fundamentals of Chemistry
||4 units or equivalent