Admission: Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
To apply for admission to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program, the
following steps must be taken:
- Complete prerequisite courses Biology 144 and 145 or Biology 140 and 141
with a "C" grade or higher. (Chemistry 115 or one year of high school
chemistry is a prerequisite for Biology 144).
- Obtain application packet from Health Professions Office. Schedule an
appointment with the OTA Program Coordinator if there are questions regarding
the admission process.
- Complete applications to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program and
file them with the Health Professions Office.
- To enroll in the Associate Degree Program:
- Complete Grossmont College admissions application and return to
Admissions and Records Office.
- Submit one official high school transcript and two official college
transcripts for all college credit earned. Send the high school transcript
and one official college transcript directly to the Coordinator of the
Occupational Therapy Assistant Program. Send the other copy to the
Admissions and Records Office at Grossmont College.
Student selection will be based on: completion of prerequisite course work
and date of application. Students admitted to the program must submit a
satisfactory physical and dental examination report, record of current
immunizations and current CPR card.